The rural area and the Market Towns of Cheshire West and Chester is home to around 113,000 people with an economically active population of over 55,000. It’s the location of 34% of businesses and boasts approximately 41,000 jobs across a range of sectors.
2016 saw the update and refresh of the original 2012 Rural Regeneration strategy which now aligns directly with the growth agenda and the borough’s aspiration to thrive. The strategy for rural growth supports the council’s vision through an overall focus on:
A rural and market town backdrop to the visitor experience across Cheshire West and Chester. A quality of life offer attracting and retaining a substantial proportion of the West Cheshire skilled workforce.
The rural area and market towns as a place for start-ups, spin-offs, innovative and thriving SMEs and Micro-businesses that are attracted, retained and sustained by the quality of the environment, services and housing or connections to the land and the traditional agricultural economy
A sense and quality of place – creating key features of local provenance that reinforce the West Cheshire identity, its visitor economy and quality of life.
The Visitor Economy
Expanding and strengthening the role of the rural area and market towns as visitor destinations
Meeting local need and higher value bespoke housing reflecting the unique character and attraction of the Cheshire countryside.
Accessibility and Connectivity
Improving connectivity within rural areas, the market towns and the larger centres. Developing digital connectivity.
The Rural Growth Team can work with you to shape bespoke packages of support that add real value to your business, supporting you from the initial vision through to practical delivery. We can support you with:
- Single point of contact for planning, regulation and economic development
- Business support, tailored package of support from initial enquiry through to final investment decision
- The latest information about site and office availability
- Support with industry and market research to help you understand why Rural West Cheshire is the right location for your business
- Advice on availability of funding, grants and incentives available for rural areas
- Recruitment support including skills, training and apprenticeships
- Connections into established business networks and professional organisations
- Connecting you with expertise from across the council